Looking for CBE Advising?
Engineering Advising Office personnel, including CBE Senior Advisor Kerri Cline, are working remotely until further notice. Advisors are available and ready to assist you via e-mail or phone. Advising appointments are ongoing and will take place via phone or Zoom.
Current Students: Schedule an appointment with your advisor in Vol Academic Connect (Navigate), accessible through MyUTK. If no appointments are available, please call or email.
Get In Touch
Please email questions directly to your CBE advisor, Kerri Cline. If you need to call, you can reach Kerri at 865-974-2351. When you leave a voicemail, be sure to leave your name, student ID, phone number, email, and your reason for calling. Your advisor will be in touch as soon as possible.
All undergraduate students who have earned fewer than 30 hours at UT or are on Academic Review are required to meet with an advisor during each main term of the academic year (fall and spring). All other students are required to consult with an advisor for a substantial conference during a designated term each year. Students whose ID ends with an even number (including zero) are advised in fall for spring registration, and students whose ID ends with an odd number are advised in spring for fall registration. The Tickle College of Engineering strongly encourages all students to meet with their academic advisor every term before registering.
The CBE Advising Office will have walk in hours from the beginning of each term, through the add/drop deadline. These appointments are for addressing issues regarding the current term courses only. If you need to be seen for an issue outside of that current term, please email your advisor so that an appointment can be scheduled. You can also view the Advising FAQ page, as the answer to your questions may be there.
Once the add/drop deadline has passed, students will be seen by appointment. For students who have required advising during the fall or spring terms, you will receive an email from your Academic Advisor containing a link to schedule your advising appointment. All appointments are made through Vol Academic Connect (Navigate), available via MyUTK.
If you believe that you have required advising and did not receive a link to schedule an appointment, first review the Advising Policy for UT to see if you match the criteria for a required appointment. If you do, then please contact your advisor so that a link to make an appointment can be sent to you.
Note that for the fall 2020 term, advising appointments will be conducted through Zoom. A Zoom link for the appointment will be sent to the individual by email.
Kerri Cline, Senior Advisor
436 Dougherty Engineering Building
Phone (for fall 2020 term): 865-280-0317
How to Prepare for Your Appointment
- Print off and review your DARS report and Academic History, making notes of any questions you may have.
- Bring any forms with you that you may need completed during your appointment. While appointments are being conducted through Zoom, you will need to email any forms you have to your advisor at least 24 hours prior to your appointment. Co-op students need to fill out a Degree Plan and email it to your Academic Advisor for review. These plans can take a few days to review, and your advisor will contact you when the form is ready for you. At that time, if an appointment is needed, the advisor will work with you to set up a time and date.
- Check out our Advising FAQs for more information.
**Please note, due to the high volume of advising appointments, if you are 10 minutes or more late for your appointment, you will be required to reschedule.**
The following are links to curriculum information for CBE undergraduate degrees. The curriculum information changes yearly and the best way to keep track of changes is to check the Undergraduate Catalog.
- Academic Plan
- Continuing Education Reporting Form (CEE Form)
- Co-Op Student Schedule (Plan A)
- Co-Op Student Schedule (Plan B)
- Engineering Course Substitution Form
- General Education Petition
- Overload Request Form
- Non Co-op Student Schedule
- Sample Program for Associate Degree Transfers
- Upper Division Application