Research Assistant Professor
- Office Address: 502 Dougherty Engineering Building
- Phone: 865-974-5309
- E-mail: email@example.com
- PhD, 2005, The University of Minnesota
- MS, 2001, The University of Buffalo (SUNY)
- BSME, 1997, The MS University of Baroda
- 2019-Present: Research Professor, Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, University of Tennessee, Knoxville (UT)
- 2012-2019: Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical, Aerospace, and Biomedical Engineering, UT
- 2007-2012: Gibson Post-doctoral Fellow, Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, UT
- 2005-2007: Post-doctoral Research Associate, Environmental Sciences Division (ESD), Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- 1997-1999: Design Engineer, HVAC Systems, Blue Star Ltd., Vadodara, India
- American Physical Society (APS)
- American Chemical Society (ACS)
- Materials Research Society (MRS)
- American Association for Advancement of Science (AAAS)
- Nano-bio materials for energy, energetics, and environment
- Photosystem I (PS I) based bio-hybrid photoelectrochemical conversions
- Bio-hybrid materials design for quantum biology
- Scalable nanomanufacturing processes
- Novel nanomaterials with energetic, catalytic, and supercapacitive properties
- Laser Ablation Synthesis in Solution (LASiS) for composite/intermetallic and metastable nanomaterials
- Laser Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy (LIBS)
- Monte-Carlo and phenomenological models for nanoparticle formation, growth, and evolution study
- E. L. Ribeiro, S. A. Davari, S. Hu, D. Mukherjee‡, B. Khomami‡, (2019) “Laser-induced synthesis of ZIF-67: A facile approach for the fabrication of crystalline MOFs with tailored size and geometry,” Materials Chemistry Frontiers; Accepted [Selected for Front Cover].
- S. A. Davari, J. L. Gottfried, C. Liu, E. L. Ribeiro, G. Duscher, D. Mukherjee‡, (2019) “Graphitic coated Al nanoparticles manufactured as superior energetic materials via laser ablation synthesis in organic solvents,” Applied Surface Science, 473, 156.
- T. H. Bennett, M. D. Vaughn, S. A. Davari, K. Park, D. Mukherjee‡, B. Khomami‡, (2019) “Jolly Green MOF: Confinement and Photoactivation of Photosystem I in the Metal Organic Framework ZIF-8,” Nanoscale Advances, 1, 94. [Selected for Front Cover].
- S. A. Davari, P. A. Taylor, R. W`. Standley, D. Mukherjee‡, (2019) “Detection of interstitial oxygen contents in Czochralski grown silicon crystals using internal calibration in laser-induced breakdown spectroscopy (LIBS),” Talanta, 193, 192.
- H. Niroomand, R. Pamu, D. Mukherjee‡, B. Khomami‡, (2018) “Tuning the photocurrent generations from photosystem I assembled in tailored biotic–abiotic interfaces,” MRS Comm., 1, 1.
- R. Pamu, V. P. Sandireddy, R. Kalyanaraman, B. Khomami‡, D. Mukherjee‡, (2018) “Plasmon-Enhanced Photocurrent from Photosystem I Assembled on Ag Nanopyramids,” Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters, 9 (5), 970.
- H. Niroomand, R. Pamu, D. Mukherjee‡, B. Khomami‡, (2018) “Microenvironment alterations enhance photocurrents from photosystem I confined in supported lipid bilayers,” Journal of Materials Chemistry A 6, 12281. [Selected for Front Cover].
- S. A. Davari, D. Mukherjee‡, (2018) “Homogeneous nucleation of metal nanoparticles: A kinetic Monte Carlo model to study the vapor phase synthesis of Al nanoparticles,” AIChE Journal, 64, 18.
- S. Hu, E. L. Ribeiro, S. A. Davari, M. Tian, D. Mukherjee‡, B. Khomami,‡ (2017) “Hybrid nanocomposites of nanostructured Co3O4 interfaced with reduced/nitrogen-doped graphene oxides for selective improvements in electrocalatytic and/or supercapacitive properties,” RSC Advances, 7 (53), 33166.
- Hanieh Niroomand, Dibyendu Mukherjee, and Bamin Khomami, (2017) “Tuning the photoexcitation response of cyanobacterial Photosystem I via reconstitution into Proteoliposomes,” Scientific Reports, 7, 2492.
- S. A. Davari, S. Masjedi, J. Patel, Z. Ferdous, and D. Mukherjee, (2017) “In-vitro early detection of calcium in aortic valvular interstitial cells undergoing osteogenic differentiation using Laser-Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy (LIBS),” Journal of Biophotonics, In Review.
- Seyyedali Davari, Sheng Hu, and Dibyendu Mukherjee, (2017) “Calibration-free quantitative analysis of elemental ratios in intermetallic nanoalloys and nanocomposites using Laser Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy (LIBS),” Talanta, 164, 330.
- Hanieh Niroomand, Guru A. Venkatesan, Stephen A. Sarles, Dibyendu Mukherjee‡, and Bamin Khomami‡, (2016) “Lipid-detergent phase transitions during detergent mediated liposome solubilization,” (‡=Corresponding Authors). Journal of Membrane Biology, 249, 523.
- Tyler H. Bennett, Hanieh Niroomand, Ravi Pamu, Ilia Ivanov, Dibyendu Mukherjee‡, and Bamin Khomami‡, (2016) “Elucidating the role of Methyl Viologen as scavenger of photoactivated electrons from Photosystem I under aerobic and anaerobic conditions,” (‡=Corresponding Authors). Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 18, 8512.
- S. Hu, M. Tian, E. L. Ribeiro, G. Duscher, D. Mukherjee, (2016) “Tandem Laser Ablation Synthesis in Solution-Galvanic Replacement Reaction (LASiS-GRR) for the production of PtCo nanoalloys as oxygen reduction electrocatalysts,” Journal of Power Sources, 306, 413.
- S. Hu, G. Goenaga, C. Melton, T. A. Zawodzinski, D. Mukherjee, (2016)“PtCo/CoOx nanocomposites: Bifunctional electrocatalysts for oxygen reduction and evolution reactions synthesized via tandem laser ablation synthesis in solution-galvanic replacement reactions,” Applied Catalysis B: Environmental, 182, 286.
- Sheng Hu, Chad Melton, and Dibyendu Mukherjee, (2014) “A facile route for the synthesis of nanostructured oxides and hydroxides of cobalt using laser ablation synthesis in solution (LASIS),” Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 16, 24034.
- Dibyendu Mukherjee‡, Matthew Wang, and Bamin Khomami, (2012) “Impact of particle morphology on surface oxidation of nanoparticles: A Kinetic Monte Carlo based study,” (‡=Corresponding Author), AIChE Journal, 58(11), 3341.
- Dibyendu Mukherjee, Mark May, and Bamin Khomami, (2011) “Detergent-protein interactions in aqueous buffer suspensions of Photosystem I (PS I),” Journal of Colloids and Interface Science, 358(2), 477.
- Dibyendu Mukherjee, Mark May, Michael Vaughn, Barry D. Bruce, and Bamin Khomami, (2010) “Controlling the morphological assembly of Photosystem I deposited on thiol activated Au substrates,” Langmuir, 26(20), 6048.
- Dibyendu Mukherjee and Meng-Dawn Cheng, (2008) “Characterization of Carbon-Containing Aerosolized Drugs using Laser-Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy,” Applied Spectroscopy, 62(5), 554. [Cover Feature: pp. 117A – 118A].
- Dibyendu Mukherjee and Meng-Dawn Cheng, (2007) “Quantitative analysis of carbonaceous aerosols using Laser-Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy: A study on mass loading induced plasma matrix effects,” Journal of Analytical Atomic Spectrometry, 23, 119.
- D. Mukherjee, A. Prakash and M. R. Zachariah, (2006) “The implementation of a discrete nodal model to probe the effect of size-dependent surface tension on nanoparticle formation and growth,” Journal of Aerosol Science, 37, 1388.
- D. Mukherjee, A. Rai and M. R. Zachariah, (2006) “Quantitative laser-induced breakdown spectroscopy for aerosols using internal calibration standards: Application to the oxidative coating of aluminum nanoparticles,” Journal of Aerosol Science, 37, 667.
- K. Park, D. Lee, A. Rai, D. Mukherjee, and M. R. Zachariah, (2004) “Size resolved kinetics measurements of aluminum nanoparticle oxidation by single particle mass spectrometry,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, 109, 7290.
- D. Mukherjee, C. G. Sonwane and M. R. Zachariah, (2003) “Kinetic Monte-Carlo simulation of the effect of coalescence energy release on the size and shape evolution of nanoparticles grown as an aerosol,” Journal of Chemical Physics, 119, 3391.
- D. Mukherjee‡, S. Hu, (2019) “Compositions, Systems and Methods for producing Nanoalloys and/or, Nanocomposites using tandem Laser Ablation Synthesis in Solution-Galvanic Replacement Reactions,” US Patent Appl. No. 15/132,916; Patent No. 10326146; Issue Date: 06/18/2019.
- D. Mukherjee‡, S. Hu, (2019) “Compositions, Systems and Methods for producing Nanoalloys and/or, Nanocomposites using tandem Laser Ablation Synthesis in Solution-Galvanic Replacement Reactions,” Divisional patent (Applic. No. 16439052) filed against US Patent Appl. No. 15/132,91.
- Dibyendu Mukherjee, and Sheng Hu, (2016) “Tandem Laser Ablation Synthesis in Solution –Galvanic Replacement Reaction (LASIS-GRR): A facile, green route for rapid synthesis of intermetallic/metal oxide nanoalloy and nanocomposites with engineered functionalities,” US Patent Applic. No. 15/132,916.