UT-ORNL Governor's Chair of Advanced and Nanostructured Materials
- Office Address: 337 Dougherty Hall
- Phone: 865-241-9060
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post-Doctoral, Stanford University
- Post-Doctoral, Max Planck Institute for Polymer Research
- PhD in Chemistry, University of Florida. 1994
- BS in Chemistry, University of the Philippines. 1987
Polymers, nanoscience, macromolecule science and engineering, organic materials, hybrid materials, and ultrathin films:
- synthesis of new functional nanomaterials capable of ordering at surfaces and interfaces,
- application of surface sensitive spectroscopic, microscopic, optical, and electrochemical analytical techniques to understand ordering and phenomena,
- electro-optical devices and sensor applications of ultrathin films and particles,
- biotechnology and biomedical applications.
- additives and nanomaterials for oil-gas energy production,
- Additive manufacturing and 3D Printing.
PublicationsSelect list. View Advincula's full publication list on his Google Scholar page.
- CS Emolaga, SAC Arañez, PAN de Yro, JP Reyes, BA Visaya, BA Basilia, ... (2022). Surface Design of 3D-printed PEEK by Controlling Slicing Parameters. International Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Robotics Research 11 (3)
- LR de Souza, JRM d’Almeida, X Cheng, LH Rong, EB Caldona, ... (2022). Highly thermally stable copolymers of epoxy and trifunctional polybenzoxazine. Materials Today Communications 30, 102988
- KLA Cimatu, TD Ambagaspitiya, UI Premadasa, NM Adhikari, A Kruse, ... (2022). Polymer-Solvent Interaction and Conformational Changes at a Molecular Level: Implication to Solvent-Assisted Deformation and Aggregation at the Polymer Surface. Journal of Colloid and Interface Science
- LH Rong, X Cheng, J Ge, EB Caldona, RC Advincula (2022). Synthesis of Hyperbranched Polymers via PET‐RAFT Self‐Condensing Vinyl Polymerization in a Flow Reactor. Macromolecular Chemistry and Physics 223 (1), 2100342
- CE Buensuceso, BDB Tiu, LP Lee, PMG Sabido, GM Nuesca, ... (2022). Electropolymerized-molecularly imprinted polymers (E-MIPS) as sensing elements for the detection of dengue infection. Analytical and bioanalytical chemistry 414 (3), 1347-1357
- EB Caldona, JRC Dizon, RA Viers, VJ Garcia, ZJ Smith, RC Advincula (2021). Additively manufactured high-performance polymeric materials and their potential use in the oil and gas industry. Mrs Communications, 1-15
- NR Khatri, MN Islam, PF Cao, RC Advincula, W Choi, Y Jiang (2021). Integrating helicoid channels for passive control of fiber alignment in direct-write 3D printing. Additive Manufacturing 48, 102419
- CJC Nocheseda, FP Liza, AKM Collera, EB Caldona, RC Advincula (2021). 3D printing of metals using biodegradable cellulose hydrogel inks. Additive Manufacturing 48, 102380
- ÍGM da Silva, EF Lucas, R Advincula (2021). Highly efficient Oil/water and brine separations: superhydrophobic hybrid isobornyl methacrylate coatings. Separation and Purification Technology 278, 119365
- RC Advincula, JRC Dizon, EB Caldona, RA Viers, FDC Siacor, ... (2021). On the progress of 3D-printed hydrogels for tissue engineering. Mrs Communications 11 (5), 539-553
- EH Ramirez-Soria, U León-Silva, TE Lara-Ceniceros, L Bazán-Díaz, ... (2021). Graphene oxide bifunctionalized with NH2/NH3+ and their outstanding-performance against corrosion. Applied Surface Science 561, 150048
- JRC Dizon, CCL Gache, HMS Cascolan, LT Cancino, RC Advincula (2021). Post-processing of 3D-printed polymers. Technologies 9 (3), 61
- FDC Siacor, Q Chen, JY Zhao, L Han, AD Valino, EB Taboada, ... (2021). On the additive manufacturing (3D printing) of viscoelastic materials and flow behavior: From composites to food manufacturing. Additive Manufacturing 45, 102043
- DB Gutierrez, EB Caldona, RD Espiritu, RC Advincula (2021). The potential of additively manufactured membranes for selective separation and capture of CO2. MRS Communications 11 (4), 391-401
- R Kumar, Z Liu, B Lokitz, J Chen, JM Carrillo, J Jakowski, CP Collier, ... (2021). Harnessing autocatalytic reactions in polymerization and depolymerization. MRS Communications 11 (4), 377-390
- S Ferdousi, Q Chen, M Soltani, J Zhu, P Cao, W Choi, R Advincula, ... (2021). Characterize traction–separation relation and interfacial imperfections by data-driven machine learning models. Scientific Reports 11 (1), 1-9
- W Niu, Z Zhang, Q Chen, PF Cao, RC Advincula. (2021). Highly Recyclable, Mechanically Isotropic and Healable 3D-Printed Elastomers via Polyurea Vitrimers. ACS Materials Letters.
- EH Ramirez-Soria, U León-Silva, TE Lara-Ceniceros… (2021). Graphene oxide bifunctionalized with NH2/NH3+ and their outstanding-performance against corrosion. Applied Surface Science.
- ÍGM da Silva, EF Lucas, R Advincula. (2021). Highly Efficient Oil/Water and Brine Separations: Superhydrophobic Hybrid Isobornyl Methacrylate Coatings. Separation and Purification Technology.
- J Bonilla-Cruz, JAC Sy, TE Lara-Ceniceros… (2021). Superhydrophobic μ-pillars via simple and scalable SLA 3D-printing: the stair-case effect and their wetting models. Soft Matter.
- RD Maalihan, Q Chen, JRHS Agueda, BB Pajarito… (2021.) On the Use of Surfactant‐Complexed Chitosan for Toughening 3D Printed Polymethacrylate Composites. Macromolecular Materials and Engineering.